Tuna Noodle Casserole
This is a very easy and quick tuna noodle dinner casserole that can be made with basic pantry ingredients.
James Speed Hensinger
2 7oz cans water packed tuna (drained)
2 4oz cans of chopped Hatch mild green chilis
1 10.5oz can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups frozen green peas and carrots
4-6oz egg noodles (any width) cooked and drained
1 Tbs melted butter
3 Tbs panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
2 Tbs Asian fried onion bits
Alternate topping: Use 1 cup of crushed potato or tortilla chips.
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Start noodles cooking.
3. Spray 1 1/2 - 2 quart casserole with cooking oil (no lid)
4. Add first group of ingredients to casserole & stir with spoon.
5. Drain noodles and gently blend into casserole mixture.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
7. Mix topping ingredients in a small bowl
8. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
9. Bake 5 minutes or until topping browns slightly.