A c t i o n f o r L i b r a r i e s
— N o v e m b e r 2 0 0 0
BCR Offers MCB/Emerald
By James Speed Hensinger
Web and Full-text Journals
MCB University Press is now available via BCR at consortial prices for both the print
and Web versions (Emerald Intelligence and Fulltext). BCR's consortium access will
begin January 1, 2001. Early enrollees will receive free access as soon as the MCB
license is signed and returned to MCB.
BCR users will maintain their current MCB print subscriptions and gain Web access to
the entire existing Emerald database of MCB journals (more than 130
titles). Other benefits of participating in BCR's MCB subscription include:
- Libraries will see no additional charge for Web access to the entire Emerald
database if they currently spend more than $1,500 for MCB print subscriptions.
Libraries now paying less than $1,500 can pay the difference as an access fee to
- Participating libraries receive a three-year subscription with no price increase in
2001. Costs for 2001 are the same as 2000. In both 2002 and 2003, subscription
costs will increase 5 percent, based on the library's year-2000 holdings, plus an
adjustment based on the UK Retail Price Index. (The four-year average has been
2.475 percent.) Six months' notice of cancellation is required.
- MCB offers the flexibility of shifting an individual library's print holdings once a
- BCR's MCB subscription includes the right to use the Web version for
interlibrary loan and electronic reserves (subject to the same limitations as print).
- Libraries receive a 70 percent discount on additional paper subscriptions.
- HTML-tagged data will be supplied at the conclusion of the agreement.
Those interested should contact MCB's Dawn Marie Devine at (888) 622-0075, (617)
395-4051 or by e-mail at [email protected] for license terms and a quote
based on the library's current subscriptions.
BCR Publications | Table of Contents